Sunday, May 18, 2008

Benito & Isabel's Wedding

Our little family at the wedding reception.

The lovely Bride & Groom: Bean & Isa.

Bean & Isa's first dance.

J.R. & his siblings. (Front l-r) Crystal, Isabel, Benito, & Angela. (Back l-r) Meny, Leslie, & J.R.

Let's just say I had to "force" him to have a picture with me in the hot sun! Again, couldn't get him to even "fake" a smile.

A couple of weeks ago J.R.'s big brother, Benito, finally married his long-time girlfriend, Isabel. (Our kids have been calling her Tia Isa forever!) We traveled to Boise for the weekend for the wedding and had a fabulous time with all of his family. Though J.R. was raised as an "only child," he has a very large family with very complicated dynamics that would be too hard to explain here. So let's just say we saw everyone, spent as much time as possible with everyone (including both his mom and his dad), and we had a very hard time saying good-bye. We were especially glad our kids got to spend time with ALL their cousins! It's too bad we don't get to see everyone more often, but we made the best of the time we had with them and we hope to see them all again soon!
The wedding was very nice and the reception was a blast. We enjoyed a fun B-B-Q the night before for their rehearsal dinner. And then for their reception and dinner they had yummy Mexican food serenaded by a Mariachi Band! So fun! Our little Isabelle (not to be confused with the bride, Isabel) was VERY impressed! The dinner was followed up with a lot more music and lot more dancing! We partied all night long. Man, those Mexicans sure know how to throw a party! And now I'm realizing why they were all so bored at my wedding reception. Anyways, we had a great time and we are so glad we took a few days off to relax and spend some much-needed time with family.

4 comments:

Gina Taylor said...

Wow! What a beautiful wedding.

Raelynn said...

JR smile!...please.. Your family looks so nice except the none smiler. haha No i think your guys look great.

lisalisalisa said...

Hey J.R., Amber and little family- I'm so glad you guys are bloggers (or at least you Amber:) I just started (so sorry no pics yet) so visit me soon, its www.lisamacias.blogspot.com. You guys are SOOO cute. And I loved seeing Tio Jesse lookin' like the mexican Colonel Sanders (I tease because I care) anyway Love you guys and I'm glad you're so close let me know what you're doin' and I will try to stop by. Love you. XOXOxoxxooxXooOx

Shandy said...

ummm... so you were in Boise and you didn't even call!?? boohoo.. now I'm off to cry...

on the bright side - the pics look fun (even if you couldn't get JR to "fake" smile - LOL).
Great wedding pics, too.... :)