Friday, March 28, 2008

Flashback Friday!!!

J.R.'s MTC mailing address always included his departure date (0324).
Elder Macias left the MTC for Peru 11 years ago this week. (l-r) Vicki Fronk, J.R., Derik Taylor, & Amber - SLC airport March 24, 1997.
Derik & J.R. (Who would have ever thought J.R. would leave on a mission first???)
Elder M's plane. If you look real close, you can see him waving out the window! And yes, Amber sat and watched that plane until it was long... long... long gone!
Heather Taylor was there, too (along with many other people who are not pictured).

Through all of my blog-hopping lately, I came across the funnest thing: Flashback Friday! Though I could not find any ground rules for this game, I am assuming the rules are pretty self-explanatory: post a flashback on a Friday.
This week I have been thinking about the date 03/24 and realizing that every year I remember how J.R. had finished his two-month training in the MTC and flew to Peru that day. So for my "flashback" I wanted to post some airport pictures from 11 years ago! This was a bitter-sweet day for me. I was so happy that he had decided to be baptized and especially happy that he chose to serve a mission; but it was also so hard to say good-bye for twenty-two more months! I never thought in a million years that he would ever be a missionary, but he sure made a great one! I am still so proud of him!!!

4 comments:

Raelynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Raelynn said...

Yeah i bet him leaving for 2 years was hard but look at the reward, you got married to him! That's a blessing! Don't forget to count them!

Gina Taylor said...

Yea! I have something to look forward to every Friday!!

Amanda said...

Look how young they are!