Friday, December 9, 2011

The Things I've Learned and / or Experienced Lately


So lately I have had some pretty awesome things, plus some not-so-awesome things going on, so I thought I would share:

* I've experienced my baby girl turning 11. She sang in her final Primary Program in Church, and I cried. Just like I cried during her first Primary Program when she was 3. Next summer she will be a Young Woman and I'm not real sure where my little baby went.
* I've experienced Halloween with kids who are getting older. And one of them (the boy) actually said, "I don't really want to go Trick-or-Treating." What???!!! Who???!!! What did you say??!!!
* I've experienced a Thanksgiving full of things I should express more gratitude for on a daily basis. I've realized how truly blessed I really am.
* I've experienced Wii Bowling with my dad. IT WAS AWESOME!!! The best part was when Belle told him, "Look Papa! Your Wii Guy looks just like you with only some gray hair on the sides and he's bald on the top!" (Picture her hands waiving next to her ears, and then circling around the top of her head as she says this).
* I've played "beauty shop" with my mom. We also stayed up late laughing and crying with each other. It was great.
* I've had to let my youngest go to Kindergarten. Even though I wish I could stop time and keep her little forever!
* I've learned that Flag Football really kinda sucks. But my son learned a lesson by not quitting even though he really wanted to. We promised him that next year he will get to play contact football instead of weenie football. (No offense to those of you who put the program together this year. You did a great job, we had a wonderful coach, it just wasn't for us).
* I've learned what the word "Parvo" means. (Apparently everyone in the world knows what this word means... but me!) And I wish I could go back 1 week to when I didn't know. It's a really, really bad thing!
* We (as a family) have made a commitment to keep the spirit of Christ in Christmas. We are focusing on being kind to one another and remembering the real reason for the season. December seems to be going well... so far. We have been reading uplifting Christmas stories every night before bed, and trying not to let Christmas stress us out, but rather lift us up!

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Hope you guys are doing awesome! Have a merry Christmas!!!!