Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry Christmas

Well, we hope you all had a fabulous Christmas. Despite all the stress beforehand, the day always seems to come and go, and it always seems to work out perfectly! Hope you all enjoyed the lumps of coal you got from Santa! We know our kids all did!
One of the most fun things this year was that Papa Bruce & Grandma June did the "12 days of Christmas" for us. So we got to open one present every day for 12 days! It was so much fun! We especially enjoyed the gift where we put a piece of straw into baby Jesus' manger when we did service for someone else. What a fun gift! Thanks so much!


We always get Christmas jammies on Christmas Eve! This year they came from Papa Jesse & Granny Crystal. Not so "Chrstmas-e," but we liked them better than the lame-o red & white ones we get every year anyway! We had fun spending Christmas with them and were happy to eat the yummy turkey Granny made (oh, and the pumpkin pies, too)!

The two of us on Christmas day. Thanks for making our Christmas wonderful this year, honey! I love you to the moon & back!

We took some pictures of the kids in an attempt to send out Christmas cards with a cute picture. This was one of them. But then I read something (a blog possibly) that my cousin (Shandy possibly) wrote about hating it when people send out Christmas cards with only pictures of the kids on them. They want to see the parents, too, dang-it! So I got so frustrated & mad that I didn't send out any cards! Ha ha ha! Just kidding, I didn't get that far this year with sending out cards and all. In fact, I barely downloaded the pictures from my camera. I guess people will just have to read my blog instead (yes, both of you).


3 comments:

Lanae said...

Fun! Tom keeps saying that he's going to call you guys, but then he gets distracted. It's a common theme around our house. Maybe I'll "encourage" him to remember, because we would love to come see your new place sometime.

Shandy said...

what?! ok... now I did say that I like it *better* to see the whole family but... not enough to cancel out the whole card! LOL...
serioulsy tho- that was REALLY REALLY a cute pic of your kids (and the pic of you and JR wasn't too shabby either ;)....
glad to hear that you're getting settled into your new life there in Burley :)

Hewards said...

It was so good to run into you. I'm sure we'll see each other around. Cutest FAM!